The two bays ‘North’ and ‘South’ are suitable for vessels up 40ft/12.2m and are bookable via the web site or through the office. Owners and skippers are responsible for the safe usage of this facility according to Club guidelines. Any member using the scrubbing berth is required to reserve their space. You can obtain details of the member using the berth immediately before you from the office, along with booking instructions such as timings for moving on and off the scrubbing bays. Any issues should be reported to a Flag Officer or a member of staff.
Tidal Heights (Estimated). Allow for weather conditions. Scrubbing bay is at CD+2m approx although there is slope upwards towards the shore wall. The tide gauge reads to a level approximately half way up the slope.
- 1. The steps and the base of the dock are liable to be slippery. Hold the handrail when using the steps.
- 2. The pressure washer is an industrial unit which develops more pressure than a domestic unit. Make sure you are braced before operating the trigger. Do not point the nozzle at other people. At close range the spray is powerful enough to remove paint, trackmark etc.
- 3. Do not operate the pressure washer before 0600 and after 2100 Monday to Friday or 0700 and 2000 Sat and Sunday to avoid disturbance.
- 4. Ensure that the boat is well secured to the piles or wall so that it cannot fall over.
- 5. The booking is for the day when entering the docks, leaving on the first high water after 0700 on the following day.
- 6. At neap tides it may not be possible to enter or leave the docks, you are responsible for checking the tide tables at your own risk.
- 7. Please ensure that you pay before commencing work (Members £20, Affiliated members £40, and non members £60). Ensure that you retain your receipt as proof of payment.
- 8. Please notify the office or bosuns if you have any problems. If you have any suggestions they would also be happy to receive them.
- 9. Please return the dock and the equipment to a tidy state after use
- 10. Please ensure that you dispose of any materials in line with environmental obligations.
Please download this Maintenance Bay document for the full set of Rules.
The file below can be downloaded and used to import into Outlook and other calendars that use csv format